In Microsoft Outlook versions 2003-2016 you can get a prompt that states “Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened.” If you get this message, don’t panic as it can be effortlessly resolved.
The issue is mainly caused due to the damaged Navigation Pane settings file or corrupted PST files. It is a universal concern, but no one knows exactly why this occurs. It can affect all the versions of the MS Outlook from 2003-2016.
The other reasons for error are:
- Microsoft Outlook running in compatibility mode
- Corruption or deletion of Outlook data file (.PST)
Method 1: Steps to repair corrupt PST file in Outlook:
- Hold the Windows and F Key to open the search dialog box.
- Then, type “exe” in the search dialog box and press enter.
- Next, choose “Local Disk: C” drive from the panel on the left and select Program files.
- After selecting the Program files, enter “Scanpst.exe” in the search box.
- This will locate the ScanPST.exe file. Open it to get a pop-up. Select OK.
- This will open the “PST Integrity Check” setup. Check the “Repair errors” box and select “Begin Scan”.
- Scanning process will start and can take some time based on the number of glitches, fixes and files.
- Finally, close all windows as the .PST file has been successfully repaired.
Method 2: Microsoft Outlook operating in compatibility mode:
- To turn off the compatibility mode in outlook navigate to Local Disk: C> Program Files> Microsoft Office> Office XX> Outlook.exe.
- Then, right-click on “Outlook.exe” file, click on “Properties”, and navigate to “Compatibility” tab.
- Next, uncheck the “Run this program in compatibility mode” checkbox option.
- Finally, click on “Apply” button to successfully turn off the compatibility mode in outlook.
For Outlook issues such as “corrupt PST file”, “Outlook cannot open default email folders” and “Cannot open your default e-mail folders” the best solution is to buy a software tool such as EdbMails Outlook PST Repair and Recover tool which repairs PST files and recovers the outlook mails.
Here are the some of the useful features of EdbMails Outlook PST Repair and Recover Tool:
- This tool scans the corrupted PST file, and repairs and recovers all the mailbox items. The recovered email contents are saved as new PST file which can be imported into Microsoft Outlook.
- The recovered and repaired mails can be saved in Outlook PST, HTML, MSG and EML formats.
- This tool can repair and recover encrypted and password-protected PST files.
- The tool offers an option to export repaired PST file in Office 365 and live exchange server format.
- It Supports all Microsoft Outlook versions like 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.
PST Repair and Recover Tool from EdbMails can repair and recover damaged and corrupted Outlook PST files. Due to virus attack, large-sized PST files, sharing PST files over the Network and other reasons contribute to the damage of the PST file. In addition, this tool can retrieve emails from password protected and encrypted PSTs and can recover deleted emails. EdbMails PST Repair and Recover tool can recover all the mailbox items like emails, contacts, tasks, notes, calendars and journals and restores all of them into a new PST file. This tool uses robust algorithms to scan damaged PST files and finds all the recoverable data items in it.
EdbMails PST Repair Tool helps you to restore emails that might have been accidentally deleted from the “Deleted Items” folder or from your Outlook Inbox. EdbMails Outlook PST Repair tool restores the lost mails and attachments that have been purged by mistake or lost due to system formatting and enables you to read them again.
Finally, EdbMails Outlook PST repair tool can repair and recover corrupted PST files of any size and any extent of damage caused. Thus, this software system is robust, flexible, and configurable compared to other competitors and works smoothly even with large-sized PST files. This tool saves the log report of the PST repair process in an accessible location and the user can review the saved report anytime in future.
There is no need to worry if you get “Cannot open your Default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened” error message in MS Outlook. Follow the methods suggested in the blog and if it does not work try, EdbMails Outlook PST Repair and Recover Tool to resolve the issue swiftly and efficiently to regain access to lost or corrupted email files.