Office 365 has taken the front stage with all its exquisite features for collaboration, sharing and its tailor-made business layout. Enterprises who are already familiar with Office 365 and wish to migrate to a new Office 365 account for different reasons, have a hard time planning and executing the migration operation. No doubt, one can make use of the native methods to migrate. But they are usually saddled with their own limitations like bandwidth issues, incomplete migration etc. For enterprises searching far and wide for a third party migration tool, selecting the right one is the toughest task, when there are so many options in the market. In this article, we shall guide you using a step-by-step walk-through on how to perform migration of your Office 365 data using EdbMails migration tool. Impersonation rights settings and disabling security defaults play an important role in EdbMails migration or backup operations. Let’s discuss these concepts in this article.
- Download the software from EdbMails website
- Now to install the EdbMails application, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Double click the EdbMails setup (EdbMailsSetup.exe) to install the application
- Click the ‘Next’ button.
- Click on ‘I Agree’ option to accept the license agreement.
- Browse the location where you want to install the software. Then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- You can see the installation process as shown in the image below.
- Create new Office 365 account, visit https://www.office.com/
- Select a subscription plan which supports Exchange.
- Follow all the steps to create new account.
- For a step by step sign up process, visit : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/sign-up?view=o365-worldwide#sign-up-steps
How to set Office 365 impersonation rights using Office 365 GUI?
In general, organization-wide impersonation rights are required for resource central to run with all the features. Without impersonation rights, it is not possible to have proper access to the resources and user calendar information.
An impersonation is a permission wherein a single account can access multiple mailboxes. It allows an application to use a dedicated service account, to access multiple users’ mailboxes and access data respectively.
- Sign in to Office 365 account
- In the Office 365 admin center, click on ‘Exchange’ to open Exchange admin center’.
- Now click on ‘Classic Exchange admin center’.
- Go to permissions, and under ‘admin roles’, double click on ‘Discovery Management’.
- Here, you have to click on ‘+’ icon inside ‘Roles’ and select ‘ApplicationImpersonation’. Click on ‘+’ icon inside ‘Members’, add admin name and click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom to complete the impersonation rights settings.
Now click on ‘Admin’ to open Office 365 admin center.
To know how to set Exchange impersonation rights, visit : https://www.edbmails.com/pages/steps-to-set-impersonation-rights-for-live-exchange-user-account-for-exchange-2010-2013-and-2016.html
Security defaults are placed by Microsoft to block legacy authentication or connection from other applications. When you try to login to the Office 365 account with EdbMails during migration without disabling security defaults, it displays an error ‘Unable to connect to the server’. So you have to temporarily disable the security standards in Office 365 admin account, which can be turned back on once the migration is complete.
Follow the below steps to disable the security defaults.
- Login to the Office 365 admin account and click on ‘Azure Active Directory’ option.
- Go to ‘Azure Active Directory’ and select ‘Properties’.
- Click on ‘Manage Security defaults’ link from the bottom and set it as ‘No’ to disable the security defaults and click the ‘Save’ button.
These are the essential requirements before starting migration with EdbMails. Otherwise you will not be able to connect to the Office 365 admin account while migrating data to/from Office 365 server
Know about EdbMails Migration tools
EdbMails migrates all the data from source to the target server safely and quickly. It is a simple way to perform migration or backup operations. It supports offline Exchange, Live Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Office 365 groups, Global Address Lists (GALs), Exchange OST, Outlook PST, IMAP email, etc, backup and migration. Also, EdbMails supports many features such as incremental migration, zero downtime, automatic mapping of source and target server, retains source folder hierarchy on the target server, and many more.
To know more about all products of EdbMails, please visit below link https://www.edbmails.com/pages/products.html