Microsoft Exchange server will always get updated with many new features and security updates with the new version. If you like to upgrade your Exchange Server, you must migrate your data from your old Exchange version to new version. In this article we explain you how to migrate your Exchange 2007 server to 2013 exchange server.
Using EdbMails you can to migrate your old exchange server to new exchange server. EdbMails migration is with true Incremental and it won’t create duplicates on your server. It saves the bandwidth and time of migration. You can get complete report of migration and know the details of migrated folders and the items in the folder.
The tool has intuitive interface. This is helping the user to perform the migration process very easy.
Some of the steps you can follow for migrating your old 2007 to exchange server 2013.
Steps to migrate Exchange server 2007 to 2013 server :
Download and install EdbMails application form the below link:
- Select the Export Method as ‘Exchange Migration’ and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter credentials to connect Source Exchange Server click ‘Login to Exchange’.
To impersonate one user account for Exchange 2007 server Please refer the below link:
- After login check all the required Live Exchange mailboxes are listed or not . If everything is correct and click ‘continue’.
- In this step select folders from the mailboxes that you wish to migrate. Or select all the mailbox that you wish to migrate. Then select ‘Migrate to Destination Exchange’ button
- Enter the Live Exchange account credentials to connect to Destination Exchange Server. But make sure that to set the impersonation rights to an Exchange server user.
Click here to know how to set the impersonation rights.
- After login to exchange server, verify all the required Live Exchange mailboxes are in list. Click ‘Continue to Mailbox Mapping’.
- Map the source exchange mailboxes with target server. and click on ‘Migrate Live Exchange to Live Exchange’
- The migration process has started, detailed progress will be displayed as shown in the screenshot below.
Once the migration operation is completed, the message ‘Migration operation has been completed.’ will be prompted.